Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Best Green Juice Ever!

So by Day 22 of a juice fast, you'd think I would have a TON of juices in my repertoire, right?! Wrong. I am pretty much sticking to two different juices....the mean green and carrot-apple. The mean green is my go-to because I just keep thinking the greener the better. The carrot-apple is my second fave because I had a nutritionist a few years ago who told me that if I did nothing else for my health every day, to at least have a carrot-apple juice. (I usually add some spinach, too.) Apparently, there are some amazing cancer-fighting properties in the carrot-apple combination, so who am I to argue?!

Anyway, I made THE BEST green juice today. I do not know what I did different, but it was SOOO yummy. Sucked it right down and can't wait to have more when I'm hungry. And you know what else? When I came back home this afternoon, my whole house smelled fresh and green and delicious. Bonus!



I am also really getting a kick out of my 6-year-old son asking -- no, begging -- for green juice! Eeeeee! How awesome is that?! My 10-year-old daughter likes them, too...but doesn't beg for them like my little Bubba does. (His name has been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.)

Now, my third step? Adding in the exercise? I hopped on my seated elliptical yesterday (nothing like a little House Hunters to make the time go by), and did 45 minutes, no sweat. Okay, there was some sweat, but I prefer to call it sparkles. But then, for the rest of the day...pinching every time I got up from a seated position for the rest of the day. It was killing me! I don't know what the deal was, but I think the next workout will be a walk until I figure out what's going on. I usually prefer a walk anyway. So there, pain-in-the-knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment