Friday, January 10, 2014

Juice Fast Day 10 - So Far, So Good

Well, I have to say that I am more than a bit amazed at how easy the juice fast has been going so far. Full disclosure, I DID have a salad on Saturday last week...family gathering at a restaurant and didn't want to answer a lot of questions. But it was a perfectly clean salad and felt like the sacrifice was worth it. I also had a bit of a girls' night on Monday night. Cheese, crackers, wine, chocolate...the whole deal. One of my best friend's marriage was falling apart and we had to rally the troops. Did I have to partake? No. But I did. And it was dee-licious. But I also felt like complete and total crap all night and the next morning. I mean horrible. Like I could feel the acid churning in my stomach all night. Ugh. Horrible! On the upside, it was a fantastic reminder of why I am doing this for myself. A little negative reinforcement, right?!

Since then, I've been on the straight and narrow and really feeling terrific. Maybe a headache or two, but that's about it. As far as what I'm doing exactly, it's really easy: if I'm hungry, I make a 16 ounce juice that's mostly veggies and just a little fruit. I try and do a green juice every day, packed with kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, green apple & lemon. I also try to do a carrot-apple juice every day. Beyond that I make it up. The more green, the better. I also drink a large bottle of water in between juices. I've never been great about drinking water, so that's my second baby step. Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment