Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 17 - The Energy Kicks In

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would feel this good at Day 17...or that it would feel this easy! That's the really crazy part. I tried to start a juice fast twice last year and both times I quit before I barely even got started. I'm not sure what the difference is this time. Seeing my brother in the hospital? Feeling horrible after all of the holiday indulging? I don't know.

I will tell you one thing, though. As healthy as it is for you, I cannot stomach the ginger. That's made a big difference for me. If a juice recipe I'm using has ginger in it (which I would say the majority of them do), I just leave it out. Blechhh. So here's the beautiful Mean Green Juice I had for breakfast this morning -- minus the ginger.


Mmmmmmm...it was DEE-lish!

So I mentioned previously that starting the fast was my first step, and then I started getting hyper-vigilant about the water I drink. I'm doing so much better this week than in the beginning...which may have something to do with my energy levels. Guys, there is a CRAZY difference. I have been starting the day with a cup of herbal tea (to replace the grande nonfat latte I was drinking constantly over the holidays). Then I've been taking a water bottle with me when I take the kiddos to school, so I can get a whole bottle in as the day starts. When I get home, I make my first juice of the day. I try and drink another bottle of water (25 ounce bottles) after the first juice. And then I try and get another water in as I'm picking up the kids from school. I should probably get another one in late in the day, but I'm still working on being consistent with that. But it's about progress, not perfection, right? That sure is a phrase I need to repeat to myself over and over and over again!

Next step...creating a CONSISTENT exercise habit. (That consistent part is the key thing for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment